- Use food to lure your victims. You may be tempted to scoop up everything after a kill, but waiting a little to use it as bait can fetch you even more food. The food in slitherio is colorful and therefore will easily attract other snakes. It is a tactic that works on smaller prey so you can trap them as soon as they start gobbling your winnings. You can wrap around the bait so encircling your victim is so much easier.
- Use bigger snakes to feed yourself. This is a simple way of growing yourself without putting in too much effort. Stealing kills from other snakes is allowed, but you do not want to find yourself in the mad dash towards a fresh kill scene. The center of the board holds more action and you can earn something here, you just need to allow some time for the traffic to die down before then cleaning up what is left by larger snakes.
- Juke opponents out. This is probably the simplest method you can use to grow longer and even make it to the leaderboard on slither.io. Use it on medium sized snakes with a tendency of using tails as obstacles when avoiding others. Timing is everything and it would be a good plan to set the juke by choosing a head to head approach with the opponent. You can then make a slight turn from the juke and speed towards other snake to reap your rewards.
- Pin enemies. You can use the larger snakes as the perfect barriers to pin targeted snakes. The fact is that most snakes will hide near big snakes, but if you are keen you will manage to squeeze them into very tight spots. It is a good plan when you have lots of space at your disposal and not really a good one in crowded fields because there is a risk of running into other snakes.
- Try trapping a snake. Cutting off snakes does work, but encircling them makes a better option. It is, however a tactic that calls for coordination and patience since other snakes can be just as clever making it difficult for you to complete the circle.