Now when we talk about multiplayer games, most of them cost money to buy and some even require monthly subscription costs in order to play online. The costs are related to the initial cost of the game and the server costs where we and other players will be playing against each other. But money is not always required for multiplayer games. There are those available where the games are distributed for free by their developers and the servers are hosted by players or groups who make them free. Other free multiplayer games are those where players will get to download and play for free, but for additional in-game benefits and items they will have to pay. So, we can see that multiplayer games come for free as well as for a price.
Now talking about free multiplayer games, there are lots of them but here I will share only a handful of them which I think are worth your time. Here is a list of five of them:
- America’s Army: Now this is a series of game developed by the United States Army. You can download and play for free. This is a round base multiplayer game where you use your tactics as a soldier in the U.S. army. There is also a mobile version of America’s Army.
- Team Fortress 2: Now this is one great multiplayer FPS game which is free. In this players choose their character and team to go against other players. There are different modes of play such as capture flag match, king of the hill and more. There are also different character types with different abilities.
- Age of Empires Online: Age of Empires was the one that revolutionized strategy games. Now this age of empires is available online and the best part about this is that it is free to play. Create your first settlement, collect resources, raise an army and battle your way through different other civilization for world domination.
- HEAT online: If you are into racing and if you want to get competitive with other players, then HEAT online sounds suitable for you. Race in a high-speed environment; try out different tracks with a wide selection of cars. Thousands of players will be competing against you for the winning prize. You can also chat with friends and create or join crews and play against other crews.
- Maestia: If you are a fan of MMORPGs then this must be the right one for you. With top-notch 3D graphics and some epic battles that are quite a sight, this game is totally awesome. You get to choose from four different player classes with different skills. Create your player, battle in Player VS Player modes or join hands against others to kill insanely big and powerful monsters.